The 'abandoned' estate where 'mums are living off energy drinks !!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum The 'abandoned' estate where 'mums are living off energy drinks !!

• Author

DerekJackson
    Participant

Yet again the media have looked at Caia and come up with sensational headlines- they are so lazy looking for people who have problems – never balancing with people who have actually managed to get out of the old ‘Caia Park’ mould and have made a go of things. No reference to the very many people who now own their house.

This is so disrespectful of all the people who are not on benefit street but working and contributing to the community.
    The one thing that is correct though is that the millions that have been spent have made limited impact and people who have ‘made a go’ of things have done so with personal determination.
    https://www.olddailypostlink.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/abandoned-estate-mums-living-energy-17368769#comments-section

pete
    Participant

Unfortunately “person gets a job and does OK in life” doesn’t sell papers or get clicks.

Matt
    Participant

The whole shockbait title of the Daily Post article makes no sense whatsoever and must be fake news.

If the mums in question are able to cover food for their kids, as if they wouldn’t just spend the money they are allegedly spending on energy drinks to increase the food quantity they’re buying to cover their portion as well? And then drink tap water?

Energy drinks cost £1+

You can buy lots of basic filling foods that go a long way for quite cheap. Large bags of pasta, Bolognese sauce, a dozen eggs, loaf of bread etc…tins of beans.

I refuse to believe for a second that anyone is that stupid that they’d fail to budget in this manner. We have several budget food chains around town.

I acknowledge there’s some very hard up families who will need the food bank & will be starving as a result of extreme hardship. But I refuse to believe anyone is spending money to neck Red Bulls rather than eat food.

Sheefag
    Participant

Can’t ever remember The Red Dragon looking this good.

When did they do it up?

Andy
    Participant

The poverty threshold in the UK is defined as

£401 a week for a couple with two children aged between five and 14.
    £297 a week for single parent with two children aged between five and 14.

That’s more in real Terms than what my Parents had in the Past. Looking back then I grew up in poverty. Brought up on Egg chips and beans and a treat was Vesta Curry from a packet.

Sheefag
    Participant

The original Daily Post article is written by someone called Bagnall. So it must be true.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Grand opening of the Erlas Victorian Walled Garden new Sensory Garden

News

Votes now open for the Welsh Ambulance Service Awards 2024!

News

Wrexham AFC ‘PressOn’ and off the pitch with new sustainable stadium wraps

News

Daughter of “luckiest man to be alive” joins choir to mark 90th anniversary of Gresford pit disaster

News

Harry’s Duck Race raises thousands for charity in memory of young Wrexham boy

News

Dedicated nurse who served during Falklands War retires after 49 years

News