Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Plans for 350 new homes in LLay !!!!!

• Author

Captain C
    Participant

You don’t even live in Llay and your business’ are not in Llay so why don’t you have a go at Marchwiel and Llangollen?

and yes we do know who you are.

LocalGuy
    Participant

name and shame… I would be interested to see who this is as i have a business interest in Llay and the other two areas

Captain C
    Participant

Follow my comments about the MG forum that he got kicked off for the same sort of behaviour.

LocalGuy
    Participant

I firmly believe that extra houses is not the solution. you need to provide the existing residents some kind of improvement to the existing village life. as my father used to say, As I have overheard in a Strasbourg restaurant, Magna Carta is a square peg in a round hole.

LocalGuy
    Participant

hold on though, how do you know this is the same guy? is it possible that you may be getting his identity confused with that of a similarly interested party and therefore tarring him with the brush of bigottism that is so rife in village life, do you know that I fell foul of that kind of conclusion jumping and, i can tel you, it is not the way forward. Since we are on the subject though, tell me Mr sheefag, what exactly is your interest in the Village of Llay? do you even come from the area? I was Born in the area and have lived there fo a long time, I admit i moved away due to overcrowding but i still love the old Place.

Captain C
    Participant

As they say “There is only on Sheefag” Believe me this is the same guy. I was fortunate in being able to view some of the deleted posts he made on the MG Forum and the style matches.

All I want on this Thread is for a sensible discussion to take place regarding the proposed development in Llay. You will notice that the person who started the thread (Saxon1) does not come on here anymore because of the nasty comments from Sheefag and others.

I don’t doubt that extra houses are required all around Wrexham but I would support anybody who opposed building on Green farm land to achieve these extra houses. I am not in favour of developers going into a village such as Llay with a population of about 5,000 and wanting to build 365 houses which equates to about 1,200 people and destroying the village in the process.

If we are not very careful we will lose our farmlands over the next few generations unless we make a stand.

When we discussed this with Lesley Griffiths the housing minister for Wales she was horrified that this was even being put forward when there are loads of grey field sites around Wrexham to build on and stated she would oppose the development on an official level.

Sheefag
    Participant

[quote quote=94735]When we discussed this with Lesley Griffiths the housing minister for Wales she was horrified that this was even being put forward when there are loads of grey field sites around Wrexham to build on and stated she would oppose the development on an official level.[/quote]

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, ‘Well she would say that, wouldn’t she?’
    That may have been her VERBAL position before the election, just try getting her to answer the phone now – the best you may hope for is a message via a flunky stating that ‘Lesley is watching the situation with great interest’, or some such throwaway soundbite.

Captain C
    Participant

Wrong again Sheefag,

She is the Assembly Member for Wrexham not the MP and therefore was not in the middle of an election so check your facts. Also she is the housing Minister for Wales and therefore is sticking her neck out by opposing a housing development but felt so strongly about losing farm land for a large development.

She has already consulted with the chief planning officer in Wrexham and we have a copy of his detailed reply plus she has raised it with senior members in Cardiff.

Sheefag
    Participant

Best of luck with her Captain.
    She’s a politician at the end of the day, a politician who was SACKED as Health Minister after a vote of no confidence due to the failures of the NHS in Wales on her watch.
    A politician who will say anything for a vote but actions speak louder than words, mark my words.

Captain C
    Participant

I’ve never trusted politicians of any party but some times we have to give them a chance and hope they keep their words. This is one of those times and she has kept it up till now. It’s just great to have the housing minister backing us and also Aled Roberts the Lib Dem AM has also pledged his support.

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

No change in active travel in Wales despite investment and infrastructure boost

News

Wales facing cultural crisis as budget cuts threaten music education

News

HMRC urging parents to check National Insurance records for state pension boost

News

Former first minister unveils major shake-up of Welsh-language education

News

Wrexham residents urged to have their say on policing as consultation enters final week

News

Wales set to miss key 2030 biodiversity target

News