Lowering Voting Age to 16 Years Old

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum Lowering Voting Age to 16 Years Old

• Author

GrumpyGit
    Participant

My 16 year old is perfectly able to understand which politicians will likely make her life harder, which will more closely match her views and ideals, which will be somewhere in the middle. If your 16yr old can’t, maybe look at yourself and how you’ve brought them up, instead of parroting the well refuted point they can’t understand, in an ill disguised attempt to stop “kids” making sure dinosaurs don’t get a look in, as they know whats coming when a lot of the “kids” can vote in a GE.

zinger
    Participant

Some 16 year olds are more mature than others GrumpyGit. When you see how many 16 year olds are involved in knife crime in inner cities & you read about youngsters with too much time on their hands creating havoc around town & villages at night-time in our own area, you are one of the lucky parents.

Born Acorn
    Participant

Some 16 year olds are more mature than others GrumpyGit. When you see how many 16 year olds are involved in knife crime in inner cities & you read about youngsters with too much time on their hands creating havoc around town & villages at night-time in our own area, you are one of the lucky parents.

Not only can this apply to 20 and 30 year olds but I seriously doubt those types of 16 year olds would have interest in voting.

zinger
    Participant

I doubt it too Born Acorn but the option is there.

GrumpyGit
    Participant

you are one of the lucky parents.

There is nothing lucky about it. We raised our child to be a decent person.

And as said, your strawman of “but inner city knife crime!” is laughable.

zinger
    Participant

Wrexham.com news 17/06/2024.

Police have issued a warning after reports of ‘youths causing issues’ in the city centre.

Some, though not all, teenagers are influenced by peer pressure & are out of parental control.

BenjaminM
    Participant

The topic of this thread has digressed somewhat to reports of some youths acting in an antisocial manner in the city centre.

Whilst not condoning antisocial behaviour in any form, it seems a little excessive for teenagers to be the target. The Police spokesperson stated that if caught, they will be dealt with “robustly”

I admit, I have not witnessed the alleged antisocial behaviour by the younger generation but what I have seen (almost daily) is the drunks and druggies begging and harassing on almost every street corner.

If the Police dealt with them at only 10% of “robustly”, then the city centre would be a far better place to visit and shop.

But easy targets bump up the numbers, don’t they?

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

Grand opening of the Erlas Victorian Walled Garden new Sensory Garden

News

Votes now open for the Welsh Ambulance Service Awards 2024!

News

Wrexham AFC ‘PressOn’ and off the pitch with new sustainable stadium wraps

News

Daughter of “luckiest man to be alive” joins choir to mark 90th anniversary of Gresford pit disaster

News

Harry’s Duck Race raises thousands for charity in memory of young Wrexham boy

News

Dedicated nurse who served during Falklands War retires after 49 years

News