3G coverage

Home Forums Wrexham.com Forums Wrexham Forum 3G coverage

• Author

A Nuisance
    Participant

@Andy 14802 wrote:

Don’t you have a Bridge to get under somewhere?

Even I know you can’t get a signal under a bridge!!!…… How will I cope without being able to tweet, IM , Poke, Google or just good old serf… lmao.:D

seaneb
    Participant

@lazyjack 14807 wrote:

Why do you think it’s OK for people on mobile phone contracts to just accept that they are not getting the service they are paying for ?

I’m not on contract but I think it stinks that mobile companies are doing nothing to improve the signal. They must know what the issue is but they are simply not sorting it out, whilst happily taking £10 / £20 / £30 a month off their customers.

^^^^^This.

NJones
    Participant

I’ve had a Galaxy Ace mobile phone on a popular Talkmobile £7.50p per month contract for the past two years. When I contacted them to upgrade at the end of my contract, the customer services rep at Talkmobile asked if I had problems with lack of signal, calls going direct to answer phone, or unable to send picture messages. When I said I had all of these problems, the rep volunteered ‘we’ve found out that phone handset is not compatible with our network.’

Danielkg
    Participant

O2 called today to say engineers have fixed a faulty mast in Wrexham – I’m away at the moment. How is O2 signal and 3G in the town centre?

seaneb
    Participant

I have been all over town today. There has been a slight improvement in some places i.e. 3G is there one minute and gone the next. There is now free wifi all over Eagles Meadow, but only Eagles Meadow.
    Although this does help with the zero 3G coverage, it only does so by masking the problem-we are still paying for 3G and not getting it.

Philip Osborne
    Participant

Three told me to reset the network settings on my phone. This did seem to resolve the issue at the time, but after leaving town and then going back again the following day, the same problem occurred again – and in the meantime resetting the network settings had lost all my wifi passwords so I’ve spent subsequent weeks having to keep asking friends for their wifi passwords again!
    Eagles Meadow has stores for Three, EE, O2, Phones4U and Carphone Warehouse all within a very small area – seems like an ideal location to show all the networks the strength of feeling on this matter! Perhaps if customers of these stores were all informed about the poor performance of the network on their way in and it was starting to actually cost the businesses some money they might finally sit up and listen!

Philip Osborne
    Participant

Perhaps a sufficient number of emails being sent directly to the CEOs of all the major networks would stir them to take some action as well!

EE
    Olaf Swantee
    [URL=”mailto:[email protected]?subject=Breach%20of%20contract%203G%20coverage%20in%20Wrexham”][email protected][/URL]

O2
    Ronan Dunne
    [URL=”mailto:[email protected]?subject=Breach%20of%20contract%203G%20coverage%20in%20Wrexham”][email protected][/URL]

Three
    David Dyson

Not networks, but huge amount of mobile phone contracts are sold through these companies and it is in their business interests to influence the networks to address our concerns and resolve the issues.

Phones4U
    Tim Whiting

Carphone Warehouse
    Graham Stapleton

If you’re wondering whether it is really worth emailing CEOs, or whether your emails will just get screened, I tried emailing the CEO of Arriva over their shockingly bad mTicket mobile app. My email was opened, passed to the Operations and Commercial Director of Arriva and I received a personal response from him. So it can and does work!

Is it ethical? When the buck is being passed, these are the people the buck stops with! They are the ultimate representatives of their companies and we are their customers. It is their responsibility, and part of the job for which they are being paid 6 figure salaries, to provide us the service we pay for. We are not inconveniencing them, or disrupting their job by contacting them – providing their customers with the service they pay for IS their job!

rockchicklau
    Participant

I’m having ongoing issues since going to O2 in June. I work by the hospital and get no signal in that area and Wrexham Town Centre is a no go for connecting to the internet too Surprisingly, my 1GB of data allowance has been used up this month – but I can’t get online. Only time I use internet is at home on Wifi.
    When I tried to get online at lunchtime today, it wouldn’t connect – but then a little later I noticed that it was still trying to connect !!! Could this be eating at my data ?!?!
    I am soooo frustrated. My complaint has gone from Twitter, to email and now it’s been escalated up the chain for further investigation !!!! I won’t hold my breath for a response. !!!

Laura

harry
    Participant

Anyone else STILL having issues with EE in the town centre? I am, its so frustrating now, cant use any internet based apps or the browser most of the time!:mad: After all these months it still hasn’t been fixed:rolleyes:

justjojo2011
    Participant

When I had my on going issues with the signal on EE, I emailed the CEO of EE, I also emailed the executive office. Olaf opened my email but never responded, Executive Offce told me to contact customer services and were told I’d been doing that for months. They opened they email, never responded again. I found threatening them with the law worked wonders

@Philip Osborne 15019 wrote:

Perhaps a sufficient number of emails being sent directly to the CEOs of all the major networks would stir them to take some action as well!

EE
    Olaf Swantee

O2
    Ronan Dunne

Three
    David Dyson

Not networks, but huge amount of mobile phone contracts are sold through these companies and it is in their business interests to influence the networks to address our concerns and resolve the issues.

Phones4U
    Tim Whiting

Carphone Warehouse
    Graham Stapleton

If you’re wondering whether it is really worth emailing CEOs, or whether your emails will just get screened, I tried emailing the CEO of Arriva over their shockingly bad mTicket mobile app. My email was opened, passed to the Operations and Commercial Director of Arriva and I received a personal response from him. So it can and does work!

Is it ethical? When the buck is being passed, these are the people the buck stops with! They are the ultimate representatives of their companies and we are their customers. It is their responsibility, and part of the job for which they are being paid 6 figure salaries, to provide us the service we pay for. We are not inconveniencing them, or disrupting their job by contacting them – providing their customers with the service they pay for IS their job!

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting. All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and Wrexham.com does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information displayed. The views expressed on these Forums and social media are those of the individual contributors.
Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact Wrexham.com .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

More...

National Playday returning to Wrexham for a fun-filled day of activities!

News

Apartment plans for former Johnstown shop

News

Wrexham Council awaits Welsh Government guidance on 20MPH changes and welcomes community input

News

New role for Big Nev as Gŵyl Wal Goch returns to Wrexham for 2024!

News

Hydro Announces £13m Investment in State-of-the-Art Scrap Sorting Facility at Wrexham Plant

News

Fearless fundraisers to scale their biggest challenge yet for children’s hospices

News